Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Friendly House is excited to announce our new Y.E.S. TUTOR PROGRAM offered for free to our program students and when space is available to the community as a whole, for a nominal fee of $5 per session, paid at the time of appointment.
Friendly House has partnered with local teachers to offer free tutoring services to our Friendly House Kids enrolled in our Afterschool Program, and to the community as a whole, at a cost everyone can afford. The tutor will work with the child’s parents and your child’s teacher to come up with the best plan to help your child improve. Tutors will follow school curriculum or will supplement the current curriculum to your child’s advantage.
Tutor sessions are set up by appointment Monday – Friday in 1 hour to 3 hour sessions. Sessions can be set up in small groups to accommodate students with siblings or one on one sessions as necessary.
- Working with the family and school teachers to meet skill expectations
- Assisting the child to understand and execute their school assignments
- Developing effective study and homework skills
- Emphasizing learning in Math, English, Sciences and Social Studies
- One on one or small group sessions based upon the needs of the learner
SUBJECT AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- We have an open study room with white boards, tables, and a learning-friendly atmosphere.
- Students are assisted based upon individual needs and family goals.
Grammar and Spelling
- We are ready to help students utilize their learning platforms (Google Classroom, SeeSaw, etc.) to complete grammar and spelling coursework.
Writing and Reading
- Students will receive constructive feedback and guidance when working on class reading and writing assignments.
- Our tutors will help engage your student in their science studies using experiential learning strategies.
The Community Workshops are for our parents who have children enrolled in Friendly House Programs and for the community as a whole for a very nominal fee. Workshops are held in the evenings during the week from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm and reservations are required. Workshops are posted on our Facebook Events page.
- How To Create A Learning Environment In Your Home
- Making Home Learning Fun And Engaging!
- How To Use Virtual Learning Platforms (Google Classroom, SeeSaw, EdModo, ClassDojo, etc.)
- Other workshops will be added through out the year
Call Friendly House at (419) 522-0521 to schedule your child’s tutoring session or to get additional information. Please ask for Ms. Cassie.