Without collaboration from area agencies and organizations, Friendly House would not be able to succeed. Below are a few of our Agency Collaborations.
- United Way of Richland County — Nearly 25% of the Friendly House funding comes from United Way. This money goes towards helping families pay for the Friendly House Preschool and Happy Hollow Day Camp, and towards the success of our Afterschool, Summer Fun, and Evening Programs.
- Mansfield Police Department and Mansfield Police Athletic League — A big supporter of the Afterschool and Summer Fun Programs, the partnership between Friendly House and the Mansfield PD and PAL is a positive one for the community. Police officers meet with children in the Afterschool Program once a week through a PAL Mentoring grant to play basketball and dodgeball, help kids with homework, and be a friendly face they can recognize in the community. PAL also sponsors the Friendly House Girls Club, and the weekly “Chicks with Sticks” knitting club on Thursday with the 3-6 grade girls, and the Polar Express Party where children in the Afterschool Program get a fun night of Christmas Magic with pajamas, pizza, soda and a showing of the Polar Express.
- Mansfield/Richland County Public Library— Through the wonderful partnership with the MRCPL Friendly House is able to provide a branch of the library in our facility for all of the children who participate in our programs. The library is organized by age and reading level. The staff use the library daily to help the kids continue their education.
- Mansfield Kiwanis Club — The local Kiwanis chapter supports Friendly House by helping sponsor the annual Coat Drive and the Christmas Parties for both the Preschool and Afterschool Programs. The Mansfield Kiwanis Club also provides Friendly House with Camperships; scholarships that we give to Richland County children to attend Hidden Hollow and Happy Hollow Day Camp.
- Richland Bank — Through the generous support of the Richland Bank we are able to celebrate children’s birthdays year round with gifts and sweet treats. Each month Richland Bank supports a ‘birthday party’ for the kids at Friendly House.
- The New Store — Through the New Store, Friendly House is able to provide new bookbags to participants of our Summer Fun program for the coming school year. Volunteers from the New Store also purchase all the new coats for our annual coat drive.
- Richland Astronomical Society (Warren Rupp Observatory) — The Warren Rupp Observatory, located at Hidden Hollow Camp, has one of the world’s largest amateur operated telescopes. The observatory is operated by the Richland Astronomical Society members.